Basement Development & Basement Renovations
0% Down, Don’t Pay for 3 Months – Only $288 – $574/Month
Basement Development Edmonton & Basement Renovations
Reborn renovation is a custom home renovation company with expertise in basement renovations and basement development. Over the years, we have completed hundreds of commercial and residential projects – and our works speak volumes of the quality we offer to all our customers. Our renovating experts have several years of experience under their belts to offer the highest level of service required to cater to your unique basement development needs. Once you choose to work with Reborn Renovations, we assign a dedicated project manager, interior designers, and estimators to deliver top quality solutions while keeping your budget in mind.
Reborn Renovations follows a simple, yet effective process that allows us to streamline things efficiently. At Reborn, customer satisfaction is of utmost priority – thus, we provide our customers with a detailed estimate of their basement development or renovation project and assist them until the final inspection. Schedule an appointment with one of our professional staff members at your convenience. We seek to make basement development and renovations easier and hassle-free for you!
Reborn has staffed top of the line interior designers who are committed to bringing all design and product components together and work cohesively. We help you have a beautiful space to live in that is not only aesthetically appealing but also functions to your individual needs. Reborn Renovations envisages becoming your go-to place for all basement needs by providing you with the results that follow the latest trends. Our interior designers have expertise in designing scaled CAD floor plans and drawings and 3D models of elevation and perspective views. These design models allow us to help our clients understand what they should expect.
Furthermore, we assign a dedicated project manager along with a customized online management system that allows our customers to stay up to date with the latest happenings of their projects. Once our team communicates with you for your project’s estimates, we will provide a schedule and timeline for the completion of this project. We, at Reborn Renovations, believe in developing lasting relationships with all customers. Thus, we set realistic expectations and clearly communicate them to avoid any inconvenience. Being one of the market leaders, we understand that we have to be honest with our clients when it comes to budgeting and deciding the timeline for project completion.
Our primary goal is to provide top-notch workmanship to all our customers – and for that, we are willing to go above and beyond. Reborn Renovations follows industry standard technologies and methods to carry out a job well done. Whether you are looking for framing or flooring, we are committed to delivering end to end basement development and renovation solutions ensuring that you have peace of mind. In addition, any project that we decide to take on, we offer two years warranty to back our quality services.
BASEMENT DEVELOPMENT EDMONTON
Reborn Renovations specializes in offering a full range of basement development services. Whether you are looking for a basic development of small space or a personalized basement – we have got you covered! You can include bedrooms, storage rooms, bathrooms, media rooms, game rooms, and more, if you choose custom basement development. In addition, you can also include fireplaces, custom millwork, and other accessories to add value to it. Regardless, our interior designers will closely work with you to design the best possible package that will suit your needs and budget.
Unlike our competitors, we do not need a clean slate for new developments. Our professionals are experienced enough to start working from where the original builder left off. From minor tweaks in mechanical layout to extensive rework, we guarantee that the end result will be a better-finished product. In addition to this, our sales team is detail oriented and can easily identify mechanical rough-ins, envelope issues, improper insulation, incomplete framing, and more. Thus, before commencing the project, our team will report such things in order to give you a better idea about the scope of work required for project completion.
Reborn Renovations takes pride in delivering professional services and workmanship to our client. We will stick with you even after we have completed your project to cater to all your basement needs.
BASEMENT RENOVATIONS EDMONTON
Similar to Basement Developments, our renovation service is designed to increase the aesthetical appeal and value to your basement. This means that we follow the same Basement Development process when our team is at work for your basement renovation. However, except for one critical phase, which includes prototypical demo and rework of the previously developed area. In order to completely renovate and revamp a basement area, it is important to perform a careful demolition so that there are no structural damages. We assign a team of demo specialists along with mechanical and structural professionals who will ensure that everything is done in order. We can effectively trace back the steps of previous development.
From working on professionally renovated space to redeveloping DIY disasters – our professionals have done it all. Depending on the situation where either the rework is limited or not, we can help you add value to your basement interior by all means. Our estimators will visit the property to evaluate the scope of work and help you understand it before agreeing to the project. Our extra attention to detail and honesty are two of the many qualities that make us the perfect choice for your basement renovation needs.
BASEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
For a renovation to be successful, the ability of the contractor is of utmost importance. If the contractor is skilled, they will derive a well-planned, holistic, and cohesive strategy with the primary goal of ensuring clientele satisfaction. In order to make it look achievable, we follow a multidimensional and multidisciplinary approach to handle the task at hand. Reborn Renovations has a team of professionals who are experts in all aspects of construction, design, sales, operations, and management. Reborn also has problem-solving and technical specialists to assist with the basement renovation process.
When our sales team receive your inquiry, one of the representatives will get in touch with you to gather information about your project as well as the preliminary design ideas. This helps us evaluate the scope of the work at hand. Once we have all information, we open up a file, to begin with the quoting process. This is the part where we involve our design specialists who help us forming a comprehensive picture of all ideas and options, as per your requirements.
Our sales team will get back to you with the options, feedback, and report any relevant item that may impact the project. Being one of the market leaders in the region, we can help you identify things which an untrained eye cannot notice – including any potential obstacle, contingencies, or underlying issue that you initially did not consider while giving us preliminary design idea. The team assigned to your project will closely work with you develop a comprehensive baseline estimate along with the scope of work required to complete the project. All of the information is sent to you through an email message.
PROJECT DESIGN AND PLANNING
After you choose to work with us, we will assign a dedicated project manager for your project who will stay in touch with you at all times. Additionally, the assigned project manager will also ensure that the communication between you, designer, workers, and suppliers is carried out seamlessly. All in all, the aim is to effectively plan every detail of your project – from start to completion.
Design services are also available to customers where they can make all product selections. Reborn Renovations also provide an online management system to clients where they can keep track of the project. Once everything is finalized, we will post it on the system along with the schedule and any other essential information.
You can easily log in and review the project, which our management team will keep updating as per the progress. This way, you can track the development of the project. It also allows us to maintain transparency. To learn more, you can visit our website to see the features and benefits of our construction management system.
Behind the scenes of selection, schedule, and implementation; our production team strives hard to secure any necessary permit required for the project. Typically, it is mandatory to have a basement development permit, electrical and plumbing permits for a project. With us, you do not have to worry about any of these permits.
In the construction phase, our team begins the production of your basement project. We understand that all basements are different depending on the overall architecture of the property. Thus, our team knows how to handle any project at hand. For any basement development or renovation, this is how Reborn Renovations works step by step to deliver the basement you envisioned:
- Site Preparation: The first and foremost task before commencing the job is to evaluate and assess the live-in situation of every property. It helps us to consider how effectively our team can have the site to be set up. We begin with Site Preparation that includes floor protection, dust control using zipper doors and poly walls, dust filters in vents, and other home protection techniques.
- Demo: Our demo specialists will professionally dispose and dismantle previously finished areas that may impact the new renovation plan or are currently not in use. Whenever applicable, Reborn Renovations will give you an idea of how your basement might look like once the project is done. Unlike our competitors, we do not smash or bash any area. Our team knows how to professionally remove and dismantle such things. This is why the demo team collaborates with the mechanical workers to ensure the protection of the overall foundation of the property.
- Vacuflo: We understand that your basement might not have Vacuflo, or if it has one it is not properly roughed in. You might have a seen a white pipe that is attached to a wire and a sticker that states ‘do not bury me.’ Whether you want to use Vacuflo system or not, it is quintessential to carry the rough into the mechanical room – in case you need to make future connection. If you do not do it, you might face issues and have to pay a huge amount of money to dig it out and add it later.
- HVAC: Many times, we observe that basements are in a bad shape with cold air returns and vents. However, if you wish to give your basement a new look, a renovation can take you a long way. We have created a team of HVAC experts who inspect the ductwork to ensure that everything is in proper order. Once we are done with HVAC work, we move on to framing.
- Framing: By this point, our production team has a clean slate to begin reworking of the space. Depending on the need, the framers sometimes do not have to make minor changes to the layout and overall design. These changes are discussed with the property owner so that appropriate adjustments can be made as per their requirement. We make sure to complete the wall construction and framing efficiently. It needs to be noted that all our framers do not simply fill up their trucks with all lumber pieces available on the lift. Our team will find the straight pieces that are in good condition. This is done to ensure that walls are installed perfectly.
- Plumbing: Majority of the basement projects require plumbing work. We will assign a plumber to evaluate the rough-ins once the framing is done. Moreover, the plumber will ensure that things like drains, faucets, and shower fixtures are in proper layout and working optimally. Regardless of the need, Reborn Renovations will take good care of your basement plumbing needs.
- Electrical: Reborn Renovations’ electrician will visit your property to assess the lighting and wiring layout of your basement. Every basement needs a different package of lighting and wiring – thus, we want to be able to offer the best package for your basement. The placement along with the number of lights such as flush mount, wall lights, dimmers, extra plug, and switch locations is critical to add value to the interior. It is a fun element, which, if done correctly, can make your basement outshine.
- Inspections: Once everything is aligned, inspection is required to make sure that everything is perfectly set up and in working condition. This is an important step before closing the walls with drywall. For that matter, we collaborate with City inspectors who give us the approval for proceeding. Apart from these inspections, the project manager that is dedicated to your renovation project drops by your property on a routine basis to conduct a thorough inspection of the work.
- Insulation: Many homeowners want to include soundproofing feature in their basement. Reborn Renovations recommends sound insulation for all rooms and areas where you need extra privacy. In addition, insulation is beyond soundproofing – our team creates a proper seal on all exterior walls.
- Drywall: At this moment, we have finally achieved a big milestone. Your walls are all ready to be enclosed as the boarding is completed. All seams are covered with corner bead and tape and mud area while coats are applied to ceiling texture in dry days. We make use of standard ‘ half an inch’ drywall on walls except the bathroom. For bathrooms, we install water-resistant aquaboard. Tile backer gets diamond backer, also known as Denseshield, along with waterproofing, which is further explained in detail under ‘Tiling.’ Reborn Renovations recommends all bathrooms to have flat painted ceilings as these are less prone to moisture when compared to textured ceilings.
- Millwork Package: Typically, doors and trim are included in a basic millwork package. This is required to match the upper-level basements. If required, we can also help you with shelving and storage, mantles, vanities, custom pillars, railings, ledge capping, stair capping, window boxes, and other wood related work. Our experienced carpenters are professionals who can amaze you with their creativity and skill.
- Painting: This is the right time to start painting – your millwork package is prepared, your walls are enclosed, Reborn Renovations painters are now ready to apply one fresh final coat on the walls. Before beginning, we ensure the protection of the floors and other belongings. Areas that are difficult to cover, such as toilet walls and walls that are near cabinets undergo a second coat of paint. Once it is done, we arrange a service call for the final paint touch-ups, wherever necessary.
- Tiling: After we are done with painting, Reborn Renovations install and cover floor and wall tiles. This is to protect the newly installed tiles so that they look better. The tiling is done in walkout area, bathroom floor, shower wall, backsplashes, fireplace, and more.
- Flooring: If you do not want to include tiles on your floor, flooring is done at this point. Our team makes use of one of the most common basement flooring product known as Luxury Vinyl Tile and Planks (LVT/LVP) to give your floor a new look. This option can also be used for stairways to maintain consistency. Apart from this, Reborn Renovations offers cork, engineered hardwood, and laminate flooring, as other options.
- Finishing Package: By now, your basement project is all set to be finalized and closed. At this point, the workers will be installing baseboards, countertops, cabinets, faucets, sinks, switches and plugs, lights, mirrors, paint, and any other thing that might have been left for your dream basement area.
- Completion: In the end, the project manager will have a list of things, which they will compare with the list you have that are still remaining. Both the lists are combined and a complete checklist is created with action plans. For each item, a deadline is added to quickly wrap up the project. Step by step, the workers will complete the checklist followed by removal of protection, finalizing paint, electrical, and plumbing work, job site cleanup, and bin removal.
- Other Options: The entire process mentioned above covers the most common basement development and renovation works. However, if you are looking for other options that are not covered above, we can help you with that. Some of the common services include complete custom wet bars, home theaters, fireplaces, window size upgrades, HVAC units, steam showers, saunas, speaker wiring, wine cellar, cold storage, hidden rooms, doorways, and more. Get in touch with us to learn more about what other options we can offer to you.
POST CONSTRUCTION PHASE
We, at Reborn Renovations, believes in building lasting relationships with our clients. Thus, our commitment extends past project completion. We consider them as our family and maintain contact with them to monitor the services we provided. This also allows us to showcase our basement development and renovation portfolios to potential clients. To ensure the quality of work delivered, Reborn offers free inspection biannually to make sure the area and its elements are functioning optimally.
Many times, while our project managers are inspecting the area we completed, we can easily determine tiny issues at the initial stage so that we can get rid of it at the earliest.
PACKAGES – BASEMENT DEVELOPMENT & BASEMENT RENOVATIONS
A run of the mill approach is used by most renovators to categorize their offerings in different packages. However, at Reborn Renovations, we go a step ahead by customizing packages as per the need of clients. We understand that it is easier to create a marketing gimmick, but that is not our style. We believe in being completely honest with our offerings and quotations.
In order to cater all types of basement needs, Reborn Renovations has come up with one true basement package that is called ‘Your Dream Basement.’ We do not want to increase enticement by creating different packages worth $20,000 or more that are subject to different selections, sizes, restrictions, and more. Instead, we follow an old-fashioned approach that helps us to work efficiently with all our clients. Our team of professionals maintains full disclosure by being open about all the options. This way, we can gather all the information about your preferences, needs, and wants. Thus, let us help you build your dream basement!
In addition to this, we also have an in-house quoting software to which we have to feed all the raw data we collect from you in our first meeting to tell us the estimates. The estimated price will only be subject to the final selections you make once the process begins. This includes tiling, paint, flooring, carpet, and additional selections. Using this information, we can tell you exactly how your selection may impact the overall estimate. In some cases, there are quote revisions, which happen if you choose to include additional services, such as sound insulation, lighting, additional millwork, storage, and more.
Depending on the need of how you want to use your basement area, Reborn Renovations will design a package that suits your needs and budget. Therefore, whether you are looking to add extra bedrooms, build a cozy living space, home gym, gaming room, and more – we have got you covered while staying in the bounds of your budget!
BASEMENT DEVELOPMENT & BASEMENT RENOVATIONS EDMONTON
Reborn Renovations requires a floor plan or a sketch of your idea of basement development or renovation to help you better with the estimates and quotations. We can also help you obtain approximate pricing and budget that you will have to allocate to the project without a plan. However, it is better to spend some time and illustrate how you want the work to be done. If you are unable to do so, our expert interior designers can assist with a quick sketch during onsite meeting and inspection of the area.
Apart from this, we also have expertise in interior designing to create maximum visual impact for our clients. Whether you want to build a home gym, home theater, playing room, gaming room, or a professional office, investing in interior design will always ensure greater ROI in one way or other. While some people have time to not only select designs but the material as well, others struggle to do it as they have a limited budget. As a professional interior design company, we can help you with this keeping in mind the taste and budget. Regardless, if you are looking for interior design, collecting a few sample designs or sketches of how you want your interior to look like would be of significant help.
Using this information, we can easily quote the estimates of the project. When a project is not complex, it is easier to quote a final estimate that is subject to the material used. It is advised to not ask for estimates on call as it is not in our policy. We believe in leveraging time that allows us to do things like you want. Thus, onsite meeting and evaluation of the property would be sufficient to gather key information and make recommendations.
We assure all our clients quality services and workmanship at competitive prices. This is possible because our professionals in all aspects of designing, trading, and engineering are experienced enough to use strategies and methods that save valuable time and money.